I always had difficulty making breakfast potatoes crispy. Not that I eat that much fried foods, however, sometimes just to challenge yourself, you just want to see if you can really make a thing that you have in mind. One day it was crispy potato wedges.
And here is how to make the most perfect crispy potato wedges ever!
What Kind Of Potatoes Are Best For Roasting?
Waxy Potatoes are best such as red and yukon I feel work best. You can also use russet potatoes which have a more fluffy center while yukon and reds have a more creamy center.
How To Make The Perfect Crispy Potato Wedges
In order to have a good balance of soft on the inside and crispy on the outside, you will need to parboil the potatoes for about 8-10 minutes, or when you notice that the potatoes are a bit soft on the outside but still firm on the inside. Otherwise, if you directly roast raw potato wedges, they may turn out too dry.
What’s the secret to perfect crispy potatoes?
2). Add Baking Soda For The Perfect Crisp
Baking Soda helps to break down the potato pectin and draws the starch to the surface, thus resulting in better browning and a more crispy potato. Add the baking soda to the boiling water during the cooking process.
Tips For Crispy Potatoes
- Cut potatoes into larger chunks. This allows for the contrast between the interior of the potato and the exterior of the potato to be more even. You can use the recipe image for reference.
- You can experiment with different seasonings using what you already have in the pantry, or to create a version that is what you would like for the moment.
Dip and Dressing Ideas for Potato Wedges
- Try this Garlic Aioli Dip
- Make a Refreshing Yogurt Dill Dip
- Add more oil and make a dressing from this Healthy Pesto Recipe
- Sometimes I like potatoes with balsamic vinegar
- Make up a vinegarette